Instructor: Karen Ramorino
Your employees are the greatest and most costly asset of your business. Navigating the complexities of compliance requirements and managing performance and discipline can be challenging. In this three-hour class, you will gain a clear understanding of requirements and options on HR essentials and strategies for success. Class format is presentation, group discussion, and difficult performance conversation practice.
Topics to be covered include:
- Federal and state/Oregon employment law
- Employee information requirements (e.g., personnel files)
- HR essentials:
- Preventing harassment and discrimination
- Managing performance and discipline
- HR competitive strategies:
- HR policies and procedures
- Total Compensation: Pay and benefits
This class meets BOLI requirements for sexual harassment training for small business owners or managers under OAR 839-015-0380
A $7 technology fee will be added to these classes.
“Karen is an excellent instructor. Her experience and teaching methods made the subject manner easy to comprehend. I recommend her course for any small business owner.” Caleb Thoele
“Very helpful for anyone with HR responsibilities!” Andrea Hupp
"This class is very informative and easy to follow—regardless of personal HR experience.” Michelle Mackay