Contact our staff if you have more questions about this program
As part of the annual SBM cohort, you will participate in a monthly class along with other community business owners and leaders. In addition there will be an ongoing monthly engagement with your own Business Advisor during the 9-month program.
The SBM program includes:
- Interactive classroom learning - 3 hours, once per month evening sessions
- 1-on-1 business advising - typically a 2-3 hour session once per month
- Access to business development tools, techniques and templates
- Access to expertise -subject matter experts are often invited for specific class sessions
- Accountability - through our counseling, we help you stay on task in applying what you learn in the classroom towards improving your bottom line
- What exactly is this Small Business Management (SBM) program?The SBM program is all about business training that teaches both relevant and proven "Best Practices" for growing revenue, increasing profitability, developing your team and building an adaptable platform for the long-term success of your business. You will be given the knowledge and support to implement and adapt new techniques, methodologies and systems that can lead to continuous improvement and growth for your business. SBM includes monthly interactive learning sessions with other experienced business owners on current and relevant subjects. It also includes monthly one-on-one business coaching to meet your individual needs. The program is taught over a 9-month period but is designed in stages so that as you and your business develop, the program will continue to benefit you year after year.
- What is the time commitment?SBM is a nine-month program (October-June). Educational sessions are the first Tuesday evening of every month from 6 pm-9 pm. The monthly one-on-one coaching sessions are flexible around your busy schedule. We will meet with you at the Small Business Development Center, by video conferencing or occasionally at your business.
- What is my financial investment to participate in SBM?Rogue Community College believes is supporting our local business community. As part of this ongoing effort, there is a limited-time RCC scholarship offering. You can participate in our $599 SBM 2018 Program (a retail value of $3500) for only $299. The scholarship is available to the first 20 businesses accepted into the program. As an extra benefit to your business, a key person from your company can participate for no additional cost. Payments are due upon application approval. Payments are accepted by check or credit card through the Small Business Development Center at email@example.com.
- What are some of the main topics of the program?The 2018 program is all about business training that teaches both relevant and proven "Best Practices" for growing revenue, increasing profitability, developing your team and building an adaptable platform for the long-term success of your business. You will be given the knowledge and support to implement and adapt new techniques, methodologies and systems that can lead to continuous improvement and growth for your business.
A sampling of topics include:
- E-Myth -Working on Your Business Versus In Your Business
- Online Marketing Strategies
- Financial Intelligence to Run Your Business
- The Customer Experience Culture
- How To Build and Market Your Business Brand
- How do I know if the program is right for me?SBM is ideal for established small business owners (1-50 employees) who have been in business for at least one year throughout Josephine and/or Jackson counties. Service, retail, contractors, professionals and manufacturing businesses have all benefited from the SBM program. Take a look at what current and past participants say about the program. You are welcome to give one of them a call or schedule an informational session with the SBM Program Coordinator, Tim Busald. Call Tim at 541-956-7494 or email TBusald@roguecc.edu.
- Time is precious, why would I spend it in the classroom?Most business owners in our program started off by saying, “I do not have time for one more thing!” After their first year we repeatedly hear, “...I wish I would have done SBM years ago! I now have a life! Why wouldn’t every business owner participate in SBM?” Classroom sessions are led by “Topic Experts” and designed to allow for interactive learning time with speakers and other business owners in the community, creating an environment for problem solving and growth.
- What sort of help can I expect from a business coach?Your SBM business coach has real-world experience owning or operating a business. Our coaches are experienced in a variety of business topics including, but not limited to: marketing, performance management, social media, human resources, leadership development, financial analysis, budgeting, QuickBooks, legal, strategic planning, sales, business planning, access to capital and time management. They also understand the nature of starting and doing business in Oregon. We will support you with valuable and relevant confidential coaching at every stage of your business.
- I have a unique business. Will SBM address my specific industry questions? The Small Business Management program does not focus on a specific type of business but on the common challenges and opportunities that business owners face. The program delivery is designed to benefit all types of business owners equally while the one-on-one business coaching allows for an individualized focus on you and your specific business needs. Our confidential advising services are about empowering you to innovate and succeed.